Your Gift Makes Balboa Park Better
The Annual Fund fuels Forever Balboa Park’s work to sustain, enhance and envision your Balboa park.
Can you imagine San Diego without Balboa Park?
As we navigate numerous impacts of the pandemic, parks continue to play a starring role in our collective recovery. For many, Balboa Park is the heart and soul of our city—a lifeline for community connection and a place for respite and recovery. In moments of reconnection over the past few months, you’ve shared what you love most about this park and what experiences you’ve missed. You’ve also shared ways the park could be better.
Double your impact with a 1:1 match up to $50,000
What does my gift support?
The annual fund provides critical operating revenue to Forever Balboa Park each year. Your unrestricted giving allows Forever Balboa Park to invest in park priorities and areas of greatest need.
Examples of what annual fund support helps us do:
- Manage and implement park improvement projects like, restoring the historic Alcazar Garden, improving Casa del Prado, and building a viewing deck and fence around the Moreton Bay Fig tree;
- Provide construction documents for the restoration of Balboa Park’s Botanical Building and Gardens—a public-private project partnership between Forever Balboa Park and the City of San Diego, with construction slated to begin in spring of 2022;
- Launched the new Garden Steward volunteer corps, after welcoming the city’s Rose Garden Volunteers last fall, bringing the total number of active Garden Stewards to more than 100;
- Help enhance and maintain Balboa Park’s urban forest with trained Tree Stewards, who monitor and care for more than 800 trees planted over the past 5 years.
- Provide important restoration and upgrades to the Balboa Park Carousel;
- Keep the Balboa Park Visitors Center and House of Hospitality open with skilled staff and volunteers, providing safe visitor services and amenities both indoors and out.
With your gift to the annual fund, Forever Balboa Park will continue to improve San Diego’s treasured resource. You can look forward to:
- Installation of new parkwide Signage & Wayfinding, including bilingual additions;
- Botanical Building restoration—construction begins in spring 2022;
- Ongoing restoration of the historic Balboa Park Carousel and building;
- Continued care, monitoring and growth of the park’s urban forest with Tree Stewards;
- Expansion and certification of volunteer programs, including more locations for free visitor services and the potential addition of Trail Stewards
- Increased maintenance and restoration of the historic gardens of Balboa Park; and
- Collaboration to protect and enliven public spaces for the benefit of all.
Forever Balboa Park is the City of San Diego’s partner in advocating for the greater good of Balboa Park. Its focus is to sustain the park’s legacy, enhance its many assets, and collaborate with park stakeholders to envision and execute future plans to benefit both residents and visitors for decades to come. It brings valued resources to the park as a convener and organizer, raising funds and cultivating volunteers to realize and activate projects, programs, and services for the best interests of the park and the greater San Diego community.