October 27, 2018, Saturday
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The region’s largest free Halloween carnival celebrates its 10th year of giving families a fun, safe, and culturally inspired kickoff to their Halloween activities. Over two dozen participating museums and cultural attractions will present free craft projects for kids, costume parades, and tons of spooky surprises while participating museums offer free admission to children 12 and under with paying adult.
Presented by the Balboa Park Conservancy in collaboration with the City of San Diego Parks and Recreation Department, the park-wide Halloween Family Day includes:
- Mini-carnival games
- Costume contests for prizes
- A doggie costume contest in the Spanish Village
- The San Diego Air & Space Museum’s rooftop pumpkin drop
- Day of the Dead-themed crafts
- A “Thriller” flash mob and dance lessons
- Food trucks
- Free activity and prize-drawing booths on the Prado and in the Plaza de Panama