We can’t wait to see you!
The historic Central Mesa of Balboa Park is OPEN to visitors:
- FREE Balboa Park Tram operates daily, 9am–6pm. (until 6pm beginning 11/1)
- The Visitors Center Gift Shop and pop-up Visitors Center kiosk in the Plaza de Panama are open daily from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- The Prado Restaurant is open Tues.–Sat., 11:30am–8pm; Sun., 11:30am–5pm
- The Prado Perk is open daily 9am–4pm
- The Japanese Friendship Garden Tea Pavilion is open 11am –4pm, Tues.–Sun.
- Panama 66 at The San Diego Museum of Art offers outdoor dining Sun.–Tues. and Thurs., 11am–4pm; Fri.–Sat.,11am–9pm; Wed., 4pm–10pm (jazz at 7pm)
- Café in the Park in the Casa de Balboa, open Thurs.–Sun., 9am–5pm.
- Daniel’s Coffee Cart in Spanish Village is open Tues–Sun., 9:30am to 4pm.
- WorldBeat Café at the WorldBeat Center is open Fri.–Sun., 11am–6pm.
Balboa Park museums and attractions (updated 10/25/2021):
- Balboa Park Public Gardens — OPEN
- Balboa Park Carousel — OPEN (Sat.-Sun. and school holidays)
- Botanical Building — CLOSED for restoration
- Centro Cultural de la Raza — OPEN
- Fleet Science Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- HPR International Cottages — CLOSED (until mid Feb.)
- Institute of Contemporary Art, San Diego — OPEN (Thurs.–Sun.)
- Japanese Friendship Garden — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Marston House & Gardens — OPEN (Sat.-Sun.)
- Mingei International Museum — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Miniature Railroad — OPEN (Sat. – Sun. and Major Holidays)
- Museum of Photographic Arts — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- Museum of Us — OPEN (Wed.–Sun.)
- San Diego Air and Space Museum — OPEN (7 days/week)
- San Diego Automotive Museum — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
- San Diego Comic Con Museum — OPEN (Wed.—Sun.)
- San Diego History Center — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum — OPEN (Thurs.–Sun.)
- San Diego Natural History Museum — OPEN (Thurs.–Mon.)
- San Diego Zoo — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Senior Lounge — OPEN (Tue.–Fri.)
- Spanish Village Art Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion — Free Sunday Concerts at 2pm
- The San Diego Museum of Art — OPEN (Thurs.–Tues.)
- The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park — OPEN by appt. only (Wed.–Sat. 11am-3:30pm)
- Timken Museum of Art — CLOSED until early 2022
- United Nations Gift Shop — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
Check each organization’s website for hours and details.
Note: All openings are subject to change following guidance of local and state government and health officials.
Most Balboa Park recreational facilities are OPEN:
- Play areas for children
- Dog parks
- Walking trails
- Balboa Park Golf Course
- Balboa Park Disc Golf
- Balboa Tennis Club
- Archery ranges
- Bocce lanes
- Lawn bowling
- Horseshoe pits
Please continue to follow state and local guidelines regarding groups, sports activities, physical distancing and mask wearing to ensure everyone’s safe and healthy enjoyment of San Diego’s favorite attraction.
Volunteer Appreciation 2022 Forever Balboa Park kicked off Volunteer Appreciation Week with the 2022 Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. Themed Growing Together, the event hosted almost 200 volunteers at the Balboa Park Club to celebrate a year of success and immense...
It’s officially the spring season, which means it’s the perfect time to put some thought and energy into your at-home garden! Forever Balboa Park asked board member and master gardener Lynn Langley for a tip on how to cultivate a southern Californian garden in spring....
Information on the destructive insect and what we're doing to stop it. Sponsored by SDG&E Environmental Champions Grant Background The South American Palm Weevil (Rhynchophorus palmarum) is an insect native to South and Central America including Mexico which first...
Balboa Park Visitors Center & Gift Shop
The best way to begin your park adventure is at the Balboa Park Visitors Center, a program of the Balboa Park Conservancy.
Hours: 9:30am – 4:30pm Daily
(closes at 4pm on April 7)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day (9:30am–2pm on Dec. 24), and New Year’s Day
- Brochures and maps
- Balboa Park Explorer Passes
- Discounted tickets to SD Zoo/Safari Park, Old Town Trolley Tours, USS Midway
- Self-guided audio tours
- Transportation information
- Dining recommendations
Phone: (619) 239-0512 x8
Address: 1549 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego, California, 92101
Dear Balboa Park…
We’re looking for you to submit your favorite stories, photos, and memories of Balboa Park. We’ll share your submissions on our social media and website. Now more than ever is a time to reflect on the gifts the park gives us and why we all cherish it so much.
Submit your treasured memories, snaps, and love notes to Balboa Park by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.