We can’t wait to see you!
The historic Central Mesa of Balboa Park is OPEN to visitors:
- FREE Balboa Park Tram operates daily, 9am–8pm. (until 6pm beginning 11/1)
- The Visitors Center Gift Shop and pop-up Visitors Center kiosk in the Plaza de Panama are open daily from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- The Prado Restaurant is open Tues.–Sat., 11:30am–8pm; Sun., 11:30am–5pm
- The Prado Perk is open daily 8:30am–4pm
- The Japanese Friendship Garden Tea Pavilion is open 11am –4pm, Tues.–Sun.
- Panama 66 at The San Diego Museum of Art offers outdoor dining Sun.–Tues. and Thurs., 11am–4pm; Fri.–Sat.,11am–9pm; Wed., 4pm–10pm (jazz at 7pm)
- Café in the Park in the Casa de Balboa, open Thurs.–Sun., 9am–5pm.
- Daniel’s Coffee Cart in Spanish Village is open Tues–Sun., 9:30am to 4pm.
- WorldBeat Café at the WorldBeat Center is open Fri.–Sun., 11am–6pm.
Balboa Park museums and attractions (updated 10/25/2021):
- Balboa Park Public Gardens — OPEN
- Balboa Park Carousel — OPEN (Sat.-Sun. and school holidays)
- Botanical Building — OPEN (Closed Thursdays; closes Jan. 1 for renovations)
- Centro Cultural de la Raza — OPEN
- Fleet Science Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- HPR International Cottages — OPEN (Sat.-Sun.)
- Institute of Contemporary Art, San Diego — OPEN (Thurs.–Sun.)
- Japanese Friendship Garden — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Marston House & Gardens — OPEN (Sat.-Sun.)
- Mingei International Museum — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Miniature Railroad — OPEN (Sat. – Sun. and Major Holidays)
- Museum of Photographic Arts — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- Museum of Us — OPEN (Wed.–Sun.)
- San Diego Air and Space Museum — OPEN (7 days/week)
- San Diego Automotive Museum — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
- San Diego Comic Con Museum — CLOSED until late fall 2021
- San Diego History Center — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum — OPEN (Thurs.–Sun.)
- San Diego Natural History Museum — OPEN (Thurs.–Mon.)
- San Diego Zoo — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Spanish Village Art Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion — Free Sunday Concerts at 2pm
- The San Diego Museum of Art — OPEN (Thurs.–Tues.)
- The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park — OPEN by appt. only (Wed.–Sat. 11am-3:30pm)
- Timken Museum of Art — CLOSED until early 2022
- United Nations Gift Shop — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
Check each organization’s website for hours and details.
Note: All openings are subject to change following guidance of local and state government and health officials.
Most Balboa Park recreational facilities are OPEN:
- Play areas for children
- Dog parks
- Walking trails
- Balboa Park Golf Course
- Balboa Park Disc Golf
- Balboa Tennis Club
- Archery ranges
- Bocce lanes
- Lawn bowling
- Horseshoe pits
Please continue to follow state and local guidelines regarding groups, sports activities, physical distancing and mask wearing to ensure everyone’s safe and healthy enjoyment of San Diego’s favorite attraction.
Balboa Park Visitors Center and Gift Shop: Your Go-To Gift Stop This holiday season, the Balboa Park Visitors Center and Gift Shop is your hub for unique gifts. With a wide selection of local products, your purchase will give back to the community and Forever Balboa...
Recent studies have shown San Diego has a serious tree deficit. Trees not only beautify our surroundings, but create cooling shade, provide habitat for native species important for ecological balance, and draw excess carbon dioxide from the air and replace it with...
Help Build San Diego's Urban Forest By Planting Your Native or Climate-Appropriate Sapling at Home! We’ve partnered with SDG&E to create this hybrid Plant It Forward series on San Diego's Urban Forest. Check out the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to...
Balboa Park Visitors Center & Gift Shop
The best way to begin your park adventure is at the Balboa Park Visitors Center, a program of the Balboa Park Conservancy.
Hours: 9:30am – 4:30pm Daily
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day (10am–2pm on Dec. 24), and New Year’s Day
- Brochures and maps
- Balboa Park Explorer Passes
- Discounted tickets to SD Zoo/Safari Park, Old Town Trolley Tours, USS Midway
- Self-guided audio tours
- Transportation information
- Dining recommendations
Phone: (619) 239-0512 x8
Address: 1549 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego, California, 92101
Dear Balboa Park…
We’re looking for you to submit your favorite stories, photos, and memories of Balboa Park. We’ll share your submissions on our social media and website. Now more than ever is a time to reflect on the gifts the park gives us and why we all cherish it so much.
Submit your treasured memories, snaps, and love notes to Balboa Park by emailing us at email@example.com.