We can’t wait to see you!
The historic Central Mesa of Balboa Park is OPEN to visitors:
- FREE Balboa Park Tram operates daily, 9am–8pm.
- The Visitors Center Gift Shop and pop-up Visitors Center kiosk in the Plaza de Panama are open daily from 9:30am to 5pm.
- The Prado Restaurant is open Tues.–Sat., 11:30am–8pm; Sun., 11:30am–5pm
- The Prado Perk is open daily 9:30am–4pm
- The Japanese Friendship Garden Tea Pavilion is open 11am –4pm, Tues.–Sun.
- Panama 66 at The San Diego Museum of Art offers outdoor dining Sun.–Tues. and Thurs., 11am–3pm; Fri.–Sat.,11am–8pm; closed Wed.
- Café in the Park in the Casa de Balboa, open Thurs.–Sun., 10am–4pm.
- Daniel’s Coffee Cart in Spanish Village is open Tues–Sun., 9:30am to 4pm.
- WorldBeat Café at the WorldBeat Center is open Fri.–Sun., 11am–6pm.
Balboa Park museums and attractions (updated 7/7/2021):
- Balboa Park Public Gardens — OPEN (except Botanical Building)
- Balboa Park Carousel — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Botanical Building — OPEN
- Centro Cultural de la Raza — OPEN
- Fleet Science Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- HPR International Cottages — OPEN (Sat.-Sun.)
- Japanese Friendship Garden — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Marston House & Gardens — OPEN (Sat.-Sun.)
- Mingei International Museum — CLOSED until Sept. 3
- Miniature Railroad — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Museum of Photographic Arts — OPEN (Thu.–Sun.)
- Museum of Us — OPEN (Wed.–Sun.)
- San Diego Air and Space Museum — OPEN (7 days/week)
- San Diego Art Institute — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- San Diego Automotive Museum — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
- San Diego Comic Con Museum — CLOSED until fall 2021
- San Diego History Center — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum — OPEN (Fri.–Sun.)
- San Diego Natural History Museum — OPEN (Thurs.–Mon.)
- San Diego Zoo — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Spanish Village Art Center — OPEN (7 days/week)
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion — Free Sunday Concerts at 2pm
- The San Diego Museum of Art — OPEN (Thurs.–Tues.)
- The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park — OPEN (Thurs.–Sun.)
- Timken Museum of Art — CLOSED until fall 2021
- United Nations Gift Shop — OPEN (Tues.–Sun.)
Check each organization’s website for hours and details.
Note: All openings are subject to change following guidance of local and state government and health officials.
Many Balboa Park recreational facilities are OPEN:
- Play areas for children
- Dog parks
- Walking trails
- Balboa Park Golf Course
- Balboa Park Disc Golf
- Balboa Tennis Club
- Archery ranges
- Bocce lanes
- Lawn bowling
- Horseshoe pits
Please continue to follow state and local guidelines regarding groups, sports activities, physical distancing and mask wearing to ensure everyone’s safe and healthy enjoyment of San Diego’s favorite attraction.
My Balboa Park Pure Project’s Mat Robar Pure Project is a local San Diego brewery with a tap room location right on the edge of Balboa Park. As a member of the 1% for the Planet initiative, Pure Project donates 1% of sales to environmental non-profit organizations,...
July 15, 2021 Forever Balboa Park is the outcome of a merger between two of San Diego’s most passionate park advocacy groups, Friends of Balboa Park and the Balboa Park Conservancy. The organization announces the strategic renaming after its acceptance by the board of...
Last year presented its fair share of twists of turns, but there was one thing we could count on through the hardest of times — our volunteers. In spite of temporary closures, the cancellation of major public events, and limitations on other programs, 188 dedicated...
Balboa Park Visitors Center & Gift Shop
The best way to begin your park adventure is at the Balboa Park Visitors Center, a program of the Balboa Park Conservancy.
Hours: 9:30am – 5:00pm Daily
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day (10am–2pm on Dec. 24), and New Year’s Day
- Brochures and maps
- Balboa Park Explorer Passes
- Discounted tickets to SD Zoo/Safari Park, Old Town Trolley Tours, USS Midway
- Self-guided audio tours
- Transportation information
- Dining recommendations
Phone: (619) 239-0512 x8
Address: 1549 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego, California, 92101
Dear Balboa Park…
We’re looking for you to submit your favorite stories, photos, and memories of Balboa Park. We’ll share your submissions on our social media and website. Now more than ever is a time to reflect on the gifts the park gives us and why we all cherish it so much.
Submit your treasured memories, snaps, and love notes to Balboa Park by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.